[Box Backup-dev] Deficiency in test system (was: Box on Solaris 10 x86)

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:41:01 +0100

> 2) Failure in one daemon based test may stop the next tests from  running
> because of bbstored and bbackupd processes kicking around.
> dependent" and report their failure separately. However, 2 could be  fixed
> by somehow killing off any processes started by the test. I'm  not sure
> there's some wonderful cross platform way of finding them  automatically
> though.

Just getting a notification that "bbackupd is already running" or
something similar would be of great help. Maybe even the test should
refuse to continue before fixed manually.

I do not know about windows but pkill is not always availble on *nix.
We use something similar to "kill -9 `ps -efa|grep '[e]mgd'|awk '{print
$2}'"
to kill "emgd" processes, one of our products, from test suite scripts.
Works ok provided you run tests as a non-root user and that user does
not have any other valid "emgd" processes running.

Stefan