[Box Backup-dev] boxbackup-0.09_plus2 under Cygwin

Gary boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:59:25 -0800 (PST)

> > 1.) Configure is very slow, sometimes takes 10 seconds to make a
> > single check (25 minutes for an incomplete run).
>
> I didn't get that - configure runs OK for me. What kind of system are
> you running it on? Is your cygwin up to date?

A pretty high-end Pentium system, Cygwin is up to date. I will re-install it, to see if it helps.

> As far as I know, there was no explicit intention to drop Cygwin
> support, but I guess nobody has tested it since we autoconfiscated Box.

Hmmmm, things are getting complicated with the 0.10 (or should it rather be: 0.9 >> 1.0?) release.
It's either Cygwin (untested), or Win32 native (no regex). For Win32 native, it's Cygwin anyway
(to build), but no Cygwin to run.

I would be happy to test/debug, but there does not seem to be a functional 10.0 for Win32
around...

Gary