[Box Backup-dev] make clean

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:54:46 +0000

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 09:45 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
> I never use make in the top level while developing. If you make in a
> test/* directory, it all works as you need. make in the top level is
> really just for people compiling it ready to actually use.

Yes the build system is rather unusual and takes a while to get used to.
I now work the way Ben does because it's easier than fighting it, and it
does work that way. (Although the dependencies still aren't 100%, though
I haven't ever attempted to track down the problem.)

I would like to be able to build and rebuild with dependencies from the
top level though, it's one of the things I'd like to fix one day. Also
I'd prefer the release/debug split to be a flag or target passed to
make, rather than depending on the directory you are in.

Cheers,

Martin.