[Box Backup-dev] 0.10 anyone?

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:08:57 +0000

On 11 Feb 2006, at 01:14, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 17:37 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What's currently outstanding for a 0.10 release?
>>
>> There seems to be quite a few Win32 issues, which is only to be
>> expected for such a new thing. Do we want to hold off a release for
>> these?
>
> I feel we shouldn't try and make 0.10 perfect. There's no harm in
> following up with 0.11 in a month or two if necessary.
>
> I think we should only hold 0.10 if there are any known data integrity
> issues in any configuration, or if the normal usage just doesn't
> work on
> a supported platform.

I think the consensus is to release 0.10, and do another release
shortly afterwards to get Win32 native perfect.

Work to be done before:

* Work out what's up with Solaris

* Test SSL keep-alives and diff timer -- do we know they actually
work? (There is some uncertainty from the Win32 platform, but maybe
that's because the timer is done in a different way.)

* Review and merge the latest Win32 changes

* Decide whether the Win32 client might need anything else from the
server -- it would be good for 0.11 clients not to need an upgrade on
the server from 0.10.

* Test on all "supported" platforms, sign off release

Ben