[Box Backup-dev] A new problem with diffing large files?

Gary boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:41:10 -0800 (PST)

Ben,

> Does this still happen with the latest Win32 releases? Or just in
> your original code?

I cannot say, since there is no Win32 version yet with KeepAlive(), yet (except for old Nick's
release tree for 0.9).

> Has anyone actually tested the keep-alive stuff on UNIX platforms?

I believe it will be the same thing. Well, according to the log:

1. KeepAlive()s do happen.
2. The error comes up after sending stream (NOT after diffing), and happens upon Finished().

Not sure what might be going on there, why would diffing work, uploading work, and then Finished()
fail? Makes no sense, there is constant network activity.

That is, unless sending a network-based KeepAlive() command does not "bump" some part of the
client/server procotol or SLL layers. Perhaps KeepAlive() should actually transmit some data over
the SLL link?

Gary