[Box Backup-dev] Trunk test failures on FreeBSD (5.x/i386)

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:35:51 +0000

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 10:36 +0000, James O'Gorman wrote:
> I'm very confused now. I just tested r361, 362 and 363 by rm -rf the
> whole trunk directory and svn up each revision and running ./runtest.pl
> backupstore debug.
>
> For r361 I only got the foundCurrent and foundOld errors.
> For r362 I only got the dir.GetAttributes* errors.
> For r363 I got all 6 errors (including the en->GetName() errors).
>
> Maybe this is a general problem with the way FreeBSD is handling things?
> I'm not quite sure how to debug this further.

Have you tried running exactly the same version a few times? Are your
failures consistent? If not, then you'll have to be a lot more careful
running different versions (ie. try running each version a few times).

There were no code changes in trunk between 362:363, so they cannot
behave differently.

Cheers,

Martin.