[Box Backup-dev] Configuring BerkeleyDB for 0.10 build

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:49:40 +0100

> checking db.h presence in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/include... yes
> checking for db.h... 4.4.20
> checking for library containing Berkeley DB 4.4.20... no
> configure: no Berkeley DB version  or higher found
>
> /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib/libdb.a is there just fine. I guess I need a
> BDB equivalent of
> --with-ssl-lib=DIR?
>
> Ideas?

I had the same problem on Solaris until I realized I needed to set

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/BerkelyDB.4.4/lib

as well since configure tries to both compile and execute the program.

Maybe it will solve your problem as well... if not, post a compressed
config.log as well. I realized what the problem was from investigating
config.log in more detail.

Stefan