[Box Backup-dev] RC 3 testing: NetBSD 3.0 fails

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:56:43 +0000

On 22 Feb 2006, at 05:33, Per Thomsen wrote:

> On 2/21/06 11:27 AM, Per Thomsen wrote:

>> Here are the results (same as with HAVE_KQUEUE):
>>
>> : {240} grep -A 3 -B 3 FAIL debug-bbackupd-2.out
>> [ 11 (of 12) differences probably due to file modifications after the
>> last upload ]
>> Differences: 12 (3 dirs excluded, 4 files excluded)
>>
>> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
>> testbbackupd.cpp(837)
>> Rename directory
>> waiting: ............Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/apropos'
>> exists, but
>> store file '/Test1/apropos' does not exist.
>> (the file above was modified after the last sync time -- might be
>> reason
>> for difference)
>> --
>> [ 5 (of 10) differences probably due to file modifications after the
>> last upload ]
>> Differences: 10 (3 dirs excluded, 4 files excluded)
>>
>> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
>> testbbackupd.cpp(845)
>> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
>> testbbackupd.cpp(849)
>> Rename files
>> waiting: ............Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/continousupdate'
>> does not exist, but store file '/Test1/continousupdate' does.
>> Local file 'testfiles/TestDir1/df324' does not exist, but store file
>> '/Test1/df324' does.
>> --
>> [ 9 (of 16) differences probably due to file modifications after the
>> last upload ]
>> Differences: 16 (3 dirs excluded, 4 files excluded)
>>
>> FAILURE: Condition [compareReturnValue == 1*256] failed at
>> testbbackupd.cpp(859)
>> Create a file with timestamp to way ahead in the future
>> waiting: ............
>> [ 0 (of 0) differences probably due to file modifications after
>> the last
>> upload ]
>> --
>> 00000052 -d---- 1970-01-01T00:00:00 0000000000000000
>> Test1/renamed-dir/dsfsfdslkjfkdsjf
>> 00000053 f----- 2006-02-21T11:23:27 6c56ee3b9bb9e1e8 Test1/
>> fileaftermarker
>>
>> FAILED: 4 tests failed
>> --------
>> bbackupd: FAILED: 4 tests failed
>>

> The bbackupquery return code is 512, and not 256, in every failure. I
> will debug this, but is there a key to the return codes?

In bbackupquery, type "help compare", which includes:

	If -c is set, then the return code (if quit is the next command)
will be
		1	Comparison was exact
		2	Differences were found
		3	An error occured
	This can be used for automated tests.

Not the obvious location for the info!

> I ran the bbackupd tests in release mode, just for laughs, and all
> tests
> pass, and the return code from bbackupquery is 256 in the tests that
> failed in debug mode.

I'm wondering if it's just a timing issue. There isn't enough context
in your listing to tell, though, as you miss out the bit which says
what it was doing at the time.

Ben