[Box Backup-dev] Errors with client (Win32)

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:30:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Roy,

> With the new version compiled (with VS2003) from Chris' sources, I can't
> backup. I don't know what exactly is going wrong. Are the certificates
> wrong? Or is there something else wrong?
>
> When I start bbackupd:
> INFO: Starting daemon (config: C:\Program Files\Box
> Backup\bbackupd.conf) (version 0.09hWin32).
> INFO: TRACE: Set maximum diffing time to 20 seconds.

Are you still using manual sync? Could you try with automatic sync? It's
most likely that bbackupd is broken, rather than bbackupd.

Please could you check whether this also happens with the trunk version?
I'm pretty sure that, when compiled with VS2005 on my test machine, it is
actually backing up fine.

Would it be possible for you to try downloading VS2005 express and
compiling with that? It is free and should hopefully work.