[Box Backup-dev] And 0.10 is out.

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:01:49 +0000

Thanks everyone! You've all made it a far better system.

Now, moving forward...

* I'd like to split into two branches. One is aimed at 0.11, which is
a release to get Windows support working nicely, and the other aimed
at 0.20.

* Clean up SVN. Let's delete the <username> directories now, there
isn't anything useful there. Chris has started the first branch at
chris/general. Maybe we should copy trunk@497 for the new features,
and let Chris take over trunk?

* We need to agree the license. I'll send an email with a proposal
shortly.

* I'd like the next release, 0.20, to have some big improvements to
the functionality, enough to justify the leap to 0.20. The most
important will add some extra crypto stuff, an improved and more
resiliant store, and a shiny new way of going back in time for a
restore. I'd like to get working on the designs on the wiki, and will
try and type up some docs over the weekend for your comments.

Once again, thank you for all your hard work. This new release would
not have happened without you.

Ben