[Box Backup-dev] Problems with command line parsing in bbackupctl when using the force-sync option [Chris version of Box Backup]

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:05:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Mark,

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Chris Wilson wrote:
>>  When I execute bbackupctl on Windows XP with the sync option, everything
>>  works fine, but when I use the force-sync option I get an acces violation
>>  which I could trace back to the code in emu.h.
>
> You're absolutely right. The getopt emulation code is badly broken. I hadn't
> noticed before, because I build with mingw which supplies a working getopt,
> so I don't use the emulated version.
>
> I will rewrite the getopt emulation, but it's a tricky bit of code and will
> take some time to get right...

Thanks to Martin and Ben, I've added a working getopt to my tree. Please
could you check out the updated version, and let me know whether or not it
fixes the problem? Please use the original command names, not the
underscored versions.