[Box Backup-dev] "setlimit 0 (...) back with vengeance (Was: Proposal (patch): bbstored HousekeepingStyle mod)

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:42:02 +0000

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 22:35 +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> I think we should remove this check in bbackupd. I can't see the point of
> it, since we could easily start off below the threshold, and then have
> sufficient data to upload that we exceed the hard limit and throw an
> exception. Conversely, we might be over the threshold, but have very
> little data to upload, or even want to delete some data from the server.

I agree, I think the check is erroneous.

I'm sure Ben will let us know if there's a good reason for it.

Cheers,

Martin.