[Box Backup] help again

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:29:47 +0100

On 17 Aug 2004, at 15:25, Nick Knight wrote:

> I am running under cygwin on windows. I have a file which I have=20
> permissions to read =96 and tested. When testing I run under=20
> administrator and the backup daemon runs under administrator. But the=20=

> backup stops with the following entries in the event log
>
> Exception caught (7/47), reset state and waiting to retry....
>
> Error code when uploading was (4/46), BackupStore=20
> Temp_FileEncodeStreamDidntReadBuffer.
>
> Backup object failed, error when reading=20
> /cygdrive/c/Data/Company/SAGEBACK.001

Did this file change while it was being uploaded? In the next run, did=20=

the error happen again?

This will only happen if the file changes during upload -- which is a=20
very difficult thing to manage properly. Suggestions welcome for a good=20=

way to cope with this! As far as I'm aware, no backup system copes with=20=

this.

Ben