[Box Backup] 0.07PLUS3

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:53:36 +0100

New version for you all to try!

    http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.07PLUS3.tgz

As well as transferring new versions of files using diffs, old versions
are now stored on the server as diffs from the newer version (so that
fetching the latest version is quick, and doesn't require regeneration
from previous versions). This is a Good Thing, as it means you can fit
more data in the same space on the server.

There are some minor bug fixes, and an adjustment to the behaviour when
the store is full which is slightly more helpful in real life.

This version is not protocol compatible with previous versions, but
existing data is completely compatible.

I have been running this for about a week on my servers without
problem. However, it does change the way the server works a bit, so
should be run with a bit of supervision. If you're going to run it,
please let me know offlist.