[Box Backup] object ID already in use

Mitja Muženič boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:52:09 +0200

> Send
> StoreFile(0x7,0x3a94fd6008200,0xedc72e75f841d99b,0x0,""setup50
> .exe"")."
> Sending stream, size uncertain.
> Backup object failed, error when reading /cygdrive/D/test/setup50.exe.
> Error code when uploading was (4/46), BackupStore
> Temp_FileEncodeStreamDidntReadBuffer.
>
> (apologies for formatting, I had to pry this from XP Event
> log on the client
> box).
>

> This is probably more cygwin related but I hope someone on
> this list can
> help me. I copied cygwin1.dll, cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll,
> cygssl-0.9.7.dll and
> cygz.dll into the application directory on the cygwin-less
> box, thinking
> this would be enough to get the show running. Obviously
> something is missing
> since the file can't be read although it exists and the
> permissions are ok.
> It is a PITA to install cygwin on every box I plan to use the
> client on so
> I'm looking for a neat and tidy package.

I know it's bad form to reply to one's own posts, but I think I got it. I
found the hint in http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg00826.html

Besides the libraries, I had to add this to the registry make it work.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2]
"cygdrive prefix"="/cygdrive"
"cygdrive flags"=dword:00000022

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/]
"native"="c:\\tmp"
"flags"=dword:0000000a

whele c:\tmp is a temporary directory.

To reassume, copy the 4 cygwin .ddls + add this to registry to get
bbackupd.exe working without cygwin.

Regards, Mitja