[Box Backup] Syncronous sync option with bbackupctl?

Mitja Muženič boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:10:07 +0200

[bbackupctl sync-wait]

> That sounds sensible, and has been added to my list.

Good!

> If you want something before I get around to implementing this, then
> check out the files 'last_sync_start' and 'last_sync_finish' in the
> working directory (/var/bbackupd, perhaps?). They're touched by
> bbackupd as it runs. So you could run the sync command, wait a few
> seconds, then loop until the timestamp of the latter is greater than
> the former. Or delete last_sync_start and loop until it's created
> again.

Cool trick. Thanks!

> > OTOH & FYI, I'm running 0.7PLUS3 and works ok so far. Even my
> > previously
> > mentioned cygwin / windows build seems to work ok.
>
> Good news! Have you tried restoring an old version of a file which is
> stored as a patch on the server?

Yes, I did that and it went ok. I'm running a couple of OBSD clients + some
windows clients, and I'm focusing right now on the windows part to make it
usable on workstations by end users, not tech guys on servers. It is to be
seen what will turn out eventually - no promises for now.

Last but not least, kudos for your work so far, Ben!

Regards, Mitja