[Box Backup] PATCH: Working Solaris port

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:46:42 +0000

On 3 Dec 2004, at 20:12, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 12:16, Martin Ebourne wrote:
>> Finally had a few moments to finish this off, so here's the now
>> tested and
>> working Solaris port.
>
> As an aside, ran it through purify. Did a new backup and recursive
> restore. bbstored was clean, bbackupd and bbackupctl were clean except
> for a few uninitialised reads. These were in the compression code, ssl
> code, and protocol. They all looked pretty harmless.

This is all good news. (And more feedback on code quality is always
welcomed.)

I think what I'd like to do is release 0.09 soon -- just one more thing
to tidy up. However, this won't include the two new ports.

* Solaris will be distributed as a source patch, for people to try.

* Native Win32 will be as a contributed binary.

After 0.09 is done, the first thing will be to integrate the two ports,
and then move development forward. 0.09 is more of a maintenance
release than anything else. (Oh for the time to spend a few weeks doing
some serious development on new features.)

My thanks to Nick and Martin for their hard work on getting it working
on strange platforms!

Ben