FW: [Box Backup] 0.08PLUS3

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:09:21 -0000

The latest version is looking great; backups appear to be happening
without many problems.

9x versions - at the moment I simply don't have the time to do the work
at the moment - I have only seen one request on the list - so is it
really needed - comments please, although I don't think any work is
required on the Unicode bit, this should be simply ignored on the
platform - this needs checking though. I do think there maybe some other
changes required - I don't have any 9x boxes to even develop on.

The areas of concern I would like to address is the other issue which
has been raised which is locked files, here is my road map as I see it:

1/ Backup ACL's (permissions etc) not yet implemented
2/ Working with shadow copy (Server 2003 - not sure if this is in XP),
this will allow locked files to be backed up
3/ Windows integration into things like System state (which includes
registry, Active directory etc) and Exchange backup

These are my higher goals but this is where I think my time is better
placed? Comments again....

BTW someone asked about the source code - my plan is to tidy it up and
give it back to Ben to merge back into his version.

Nick