[Box Backup] free(): invalid pointer

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:15:56 +0000

On 8 Dec 2004, at 19:57, Dennis Heltzel wrote:

>> How are you with a debugger?
>>
>> If so, build a debug version
>>

>> http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2004-November/
>> 000735.html
>>
>> run it, and see where it goes bang. Post a backtrace, and we'll go
>> from
>> there.
>
> Never actually used a debugger. C is not my best language :)

Oh well.

Have you got an IM account with MSN Messenger? If so, email me off list
and we'll arrange a time for me to talk you through finding out what's
going on.

>> Or try the tests... do
>>
>>    ./runtest.pl bbackupd
>>
>> from the distribution root after ./configure, to run the long test for
>> the backup daemon, in debug mode.
>
> Tried that and it ran all the way through and said it passed.

Maybe it's an issue with your configuration? Hard too tell without
access to the machine.

>> I don't think the libraries you mention are used, unless glib2 gets
>> linked in somehow by g++. But I'm not an expert on Linux, so have no
>> idea.
>
> I was hoping this was something someone else had already resolved. It's
> not critical, since I'm only testing boxbackup. I'll just try the next
> version and see if it fixes itself.
>
> I know you're not a Linux person, but you probably recognize that your
> biggest "market" will be on Linux systems. If you don't have access to
> development system running Linux, perhaps someone on the list can give
> you
> an account on one of their Linux devel boxes and you can do use that to
> try out new versions, etc.

I realise this, and you wouldn't believe the amount of effort I've gone
to to get it working on all the various versions of Linux. I have a PC
with a copy of VMWare, with lots of distributions installed, including
FC2. And it works nicely on my stock system.

Have you noticed any other issues with your computer?

Ben