[Box Backup] Feature requests
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:33:38 -0500
A couple of feature requests for bbackupquery; some simple, some not:
1) Allow the use of object-id instead of the name in all cases.
Instead of a '-i' flag, one could use a notation that is recognized
by the filename parser, such as '//ID:00000734'. I chose double
slashes, because it's the only way to ensure there is no filename
conflict - Linux allows all but '/' and NUL.
2) Add 'One File System' support. This is easy: just check st.st_dev
for rLocalPath, and don't save anything whose st_dev is different.
(I'm testing this now.)
3) It seems that extended attributes, like user/group, are saved.
If they are, how can I list them?
4) File size: any way to list the decrypted file size? If not,
save this as another file attribute.
5) Maybe make attributes somewhat extensible, via a 'get_attributes'
function that makes it easy for users to modify without delving
into the main source code.