[Box Backup] How to delete a store?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:17:38 +0000

On 13 Dec 2004, at 17:36, Joe Krahn wrote:

> In setting up backups, I changed the config to backup from a lower
> directory level, i.e. changed from backing up "/home/user1" to
> "/home".
>
> How do I delete the obsolete tree? It says it will delete in 48 hrs.,
> but that hasn't happended yet. It seems that the overlapping config is
> causing the backups not to work as the config says.
>
> It seems the 'delete' command is missing from bbackupquery.

The server assumes the only reason you'd actually want to delete
something is when you run out of space. So although the client has
marked the files as deleted, the server won't actually physically
remove them until it really has to.

If you really want to see them go rather than waiting until the client
approaches the limits, temporarily reduce the limits on the account.

At some point I will put in the UI for the server "delete ASAP" flag,
which will allow you to actually do what you think you want to do.

Ben