[Box Backup] inode, fsid, and OS dependencies

Joe Krahn boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:27:47 -0500

Nick Knight wrote:
> The file index is obtained by calling GetFileInformationByHandle and
> combining the low and high part of the serial number.
>
> For the Win32 version I have implemented the stat functions which
> populate the inode fields.

OK... I didn't see that function; It's like an extended version of
GetFileAttributes. I see it also has dwVolumeSerialNumber. Is that used
to verify unique filesystems? I think it would be good for all boxbackup
  platforms to include some sort of disk/filesystem ID or label to
verify that the right filesystem is there.

Joe Krahn