[Box Backup] Win32 locked files, registry, etc.

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:33:38 -0000

Backup attributes a way off - correct

FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS - done

I am the only one working on it at the moment.

I would like to get it to backup system state - registry etc, but for
the mo I use NT backup to do all of that for me.

Backup attributes should be relatively simple, just needs the time...

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Joe Krahn
Sent: 22 December 2004 03:14
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: [Box Backup] Win32 locked files, registry, etc.

Since Nick still needs to get attributes working, I'm assuming these are

a ways off:

Have you looked into backing up the registries as filesystems?

How about reading of locked files? I noticed NT/XP has a=20
FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS flag specifically for backup access to files.

It may not be all that hard to implement.

I'm helping set up an office backup system, and I'd like to use=20
boxbackup, but it would be a lot more feasible if Win32 was in better
shape.

So, I might do willing to do some work in the Win32 area. Is Nick Night=20
the only one working with Windows code at this time?

Joe