[Box Backup] How to include a single file?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:09:51 +0000

On 2 Feb 2004, at 19:01, Eduardo Alvarenga wrote:

>>>  If you mind, please change "Path =" to something like "Include ="
>>>  beeing it a directory or not.
>>>
>> Actually, I spoke too soon. It is possible to do exactly what you want
>> by use of regular expressions -- set the path to be the containing
>> directory and exclude all the things you don't want to back up.
>
>  This is not quite a nice solution. I personally (and I thing anyone
>  else) prefers to just tell bbackupd to backup a single file instead of
>  telling it to backup the result of an expensive and obviously not
>  necessary regex calculation.
>
>  This behavior is not user friendly. Please take my idea, It'll be much
>  more welcome.

I've added it to the list. Shouldn't be very much extra work.

However, you'll have to specify a location as a directory, as you do
now, and then just explicitly say what you want from it. That fits in
with the current design a lot better than allowing files to be
specified as locations.

Ben