[Box Backup] Any last feature requests before 0.04?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:47:45 +0000

I've been adding a few features to Box Backup. I think I've got all I
want for 0.04, and am now going to get it going on platforms other than
OpenBSD, and chase down a little bug.

But is there any other (relatively small) thing anyone really wants as
soon as possible?

Changes so far:

* regex exclude (and exception to exclusions, as requested)

* bbackupquery: alias 'ls', add help in program

* config programs: excludes keys file if it might be backed up,
validates config much much more to catch the common problems seen so
far

* improved flexibility with backup timing, including the ability to do
snapshot backups (emulates more traditional backup systems)

* bbackupctl program for controlling bbackupd daemon

* bbstoreaccounts takes sizes in blocks, Mb or Gb with unit suffix

* bug fixes

* work around memory over-consumption issues with STL < v3

Basically, a few fixes, ease of use things, and the snapshot backups to
make it easier for people to adopt over other systems.

Ben