[Box Backup] New version released -- 0.03

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:14:30 +0000

On 27 Jan 2004, at 15:04, Eduardo Alvarenga wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Ben Summers wrote:
>
>>>  CVS_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh is welcome ;-)
>>
>> I'm afraid not. I don't think it's worth running one because
>>
>> * 408k downloads don't cause much of problem.
>>
>> * I don't have an anoncvs server installed already, and don't want to
>> run "unnecessary" services with all their attendant potential security
>> holes.
>>
>> * It doesn't fit in well with my development process, where I develop
>> using a private CVS server and then use a script to generate the
>> release archive.
>>
>> Although I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise.
>
>  Hmm...
>
>  #1: Make a daily "boxbackup-current.tar.gz" file.
>  #2: Every log message in your commits *may* be sent to a mailling
> list.
>  #3: CVSweb? Rsync ?

Given that this is a backup system, and that I wouldn't be happy with
anyone running a snapshot which has not received much testing, what
benefits would this bring to users?

I don't have any other developers working on this.

Ben