[Box Backup] Error messages at execution

Pascal Lalonde boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:43:25 -0500

> >>Did bbstored-config not work?
> >A while ago I was experimenting with OpenSSL, and creating a test CA.
> >Naturally, I had my OPENSSL_CONF variable set. So it would use a
> >different openssl.cnf than the default one. Unsetting this variable
> >made
> >things work.
>
> I will also make the scripts check to see that this variable isn't set.
I think it could even be better to include an openssl.cnf with the
package, and override then OPENSSL_CONF var, just in case the default
/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf has been modified or erased for whatever reason.

> >I didn't try to install it as non-root on the other box. Maybe I'll try
> >it when I have more spare time. Could be useful, as users could setup
> >stores for themselves.
>
> Only one use could, though, as it needs to use a well-known port. It
> does work -- the tests run bbstored as a normal user.
Unless you add an option to specify an alternate listening port in
a later version :-)
But I'm not in need of that, at least not now. I'm only suggesting.

Pascal Lalonde