[Box Backup] Boxbackup suggestions

Pascal Lalonde boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:34:40 -0500

> I'd be interested in hearing any other experiences. It sounds like it's
> quite an aggravating thing to install and use?

It's not that bad when you get to know what those exceptions mean...

Maybe a few "configure variables", or a config.h, to modify things like
the install path, the default config file path, the default listening
port, pid file...

And to be able to specify some of these parameters on the command-line.

There is something I don't quite understand: why do we have to specify
the user in the config file if we do an "su" anyways? I don't know if
I'm missing something or if you had the intention of dropping privileges
at startup, and the "su" is a temporary workaround?

Of course, what I speak of here are mostly minor details. I think the
most important things right now are error messages, and maybe
implementing a minimal "help" command in bbackupquery, to know the
available commands quickly.

Pascal Lalonde