[Box Backup] Protocol_ObjeTooBig

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:26:26 +0100

On 26 Jul 2004, at 20:21, Nick Knight wrote:

> When I run bbackupquery =93compare =96aq=94 quit
> (or compare =96a) it generates the above error, there was some errors =
on=20
> the store but they where repaired and it is now consistent.

I'm afraid I'm going to need a little bit more information. At a minimum

* Turn extended logging on on the server, and provide the last few=20
pages of logs before the error happens.

* Similarly, on the client. However, as it happens in bbackupquery, use=20=

the -l <filename> option to log to a file.

* Finally, what errors were repaired? Anything interesting in the logs=20=

before this happened? What might have caused the errors?

You could even consider compiling debug versions of both, and use them=20=

instead to get even more information.

In general, it's probably best to send error reports like this to me=20
off list, to avoid sending lots of email to people who may not want it.=20=

Other queries belong on the list though!