[Box Backup] version 0.06PLUS2

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:36:09 +0100

On 24 Jun 2004, at 21:01, J=E9r=F4me Schell wrote:

> Ben Summers a =E9crit :
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Ben,
>
>> New preview version:
>>    http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.06PLUS2.tgz
>
> Good news, just testing right now.
> Compiled well on Debian GNU/Linux (Woody and Sarge)

I'm glad to hear it!

>> Changes over 0.06PLUS1:
>> [...]
>> * Immediate and correct behaviour for bbackupd on signals (will=20
>> restart and stop immediately)
>
> Mmm, for me it seems to be worse than PLUS1. bbackupd doesn't respond=20=

> at all to a SIGTERM while a sync is running (no more exception in the=20=

> logs). Had to send a SIGKILL to stop it.

I'll check that out again, and under Linux. I thought I had it working.=20=

Interesting that the exception has gone from the logs. Does it reload=20
the configuration for a SIGHUP?

> Just noticed another weird behavior with bbackupquery.
> While a sync is running (data is uploaded to the server), successive=20=

> calls of the "usage" command in bbackupquery always returns the same=20=

> results, as if it were cached.

That's expected behaviour. The server caches the information, and never=20=

updates it for read-only connections.

Ben