[Box Backup] Another pre-release...

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:59:23 +0000

Hi

Sorry about this, but can I try to persuade you to download and install
a new pre-0.04 version?

   http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.03PLUS3.tgz

I noticed that previous versions had problems with unexpected file
modification times. This happens when you back up a file server, and
the clients don't have synchronized clocks. The current version coped
OK with small variations, but not the major ones I found on one
particular installation.

Anyway, I have rather dramatically modified how it detects changes,
which solves this problem. However, I would really like it tested
before I release it to the wider world. As a bonus, this new method
uses less memory.

I hope that you're verifying your backups occasionally?

   /usr/local/bin/bbackupquery "compare -a" quit

This is how I caught this problem.

Thanks for all your help and support with this project.

Ben