[Box Backup] Fw: Cygwin

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:35:12 +0000

On 18 Mar 2004, at 23:33, Pascal Lalonde wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 07:11:46AM +0800, Paul Arch wrote:
>>

>>   has anyone been successful compiling boxbackup under the cygwin
>> platform ?
>>
> Not yet, but I can't say that I tried very hard. You could probably do
> it quite easily, even without deep knowledge of C/C++ (but at least
> some
> is required).

The process is basically

* Adjust the build scripts to detect Cygwin -- this will end up with a
PLATFORM_CYGWIN define on the compile lines

* Compile, see what breaks, adjust with #ifdefs to work, repeat

* Modify tests to avoid using the raidfile stuff in bbstored, as it
probably won't work, or just test against a UNIX server.

* Run the tests, see if it does backup OK.

* Send me the patches!

Alternatively, there are some notes on the suggested way of porting to
windows in the 'notes' directory in the distribution.

> The best place to start is from the Linux instructions, I think.

Good luck!

Using the Microsoft tools might be easier. I haven't really looked, but
apparently it's integrated nicely with Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp

Ben