[Box Backup] Possible problem

boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 27 May 2004 22:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm having a problem, these are the symptoms I see.

When this happened I was running version 5, I just upgraded to version 6
to make sure it wasn't that.

I ran out of space on your server for my backups. That was my fault for
sure, I put some huge files on my machine and I forgot that it would try
to back them up.

I then deleted the files, and over the last week or so, many more to try
and get back under the limit.

The backup client still figures I'm over the soft limit.

However, some of the deleted files are not showing up as deleted when I do
a backup query, or at least I don't think they are being considered
deleted, they show up in a normal listing, when I select ls -d to show the
deleted files, some show up, but there are ones I know have been deleted
for probably a week now that are still showing up in the normal listing.

It's entirely possible I'm still over the limit, but I don't think so.

I'm wondering if the client does not delete "deleted files/directories"
when it's over the soft limit.

Can you help me out here?

Rick