[Box Backup] Build problem on Debian Linux

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 31 May 2004 11:44:52 +0100

On 31 May 2004, at 11:05, J=E9r=F4me Schell wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm just giving a try at boxbackup that seems to have all the features=20=

> I've always dream of :)
>
> Just noticed a problem while trying to build on Debian GNU/Linux=20
> (testing) with gcc 3.3.3. I had to modified the file=20
> infrastructure/BoxPlatform.pm in this way :
[snip]

> It seems that "gcc -v" returns "version gcc 3.3.3 (Debian 20040401)".

I've incorporated your patch, thanks. I've also got some more work to=20
do on Linux configuration -- SuSE appears to do some weird and=20
wonderful things which need working around too. If there weren't so=20
many versions of Linux, each with their own funny ideas, this would be=20=

so much easier.

> I don't know why, perhaps a Debian touch :)

And a very helpful touch it is too.

Let me know how you get on with things!

Ben