[Box Backup] Exception: Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (7/30)

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:18:36 +0000

On 4 Nov 2004, at 22:11, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Ben Summers wrote:
>> Could you enable ExtendedLogging on both client and server, set up
>> logging to /var/log/box as described on the web site, and the report
>> back what the logs contain when you run bbackupd?
>> (And to log bbackupquery add the command line argument -l <logfile>
>> where <logfile> is a temporary file.)
>
> I enabled extendedlogging. But there is no output.

Have you followed the instructions here

   http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/server.html

to get logging at the info level?

>  Not from bbstored nor from bbackupquery.

bbackupquery doesn't log to syslog, you need to do

   bbackupquery -l /tmp/log.txt

and then look at the log.txt file.

However, it sounds like the client isn't even connecting to the server.
Check the hostname of the store in the bbackupd.conf file, and the
accessibility of port 2201 to the outside world. You should at least
see some output in the bbstored logs about an incoming connection.

Ben