[Box Backup] Win32 Port - bbackupctl issue with configuration file

Chris Hane boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:29:50 -0600

--=======49F233FB=======

Thanks for the reply...I don't know what I was doing wrong...bbackupctl is
now finding the bbackup.conf file just fine.  However, the second issue of
the daemon not writing a PID file is causing the error I'm seeing
now.  When I start the bbackupctl I get 1 error message (in the event log)
indicating it can not find the command socket.

Error message from command prompt:
C:\Program Files\Box Backup>bbackupctl.exe sync

Using configuration file C:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd.conf
Failed to connect to daemon control socket.
Possible causes:
   * Daemon not running
   * Daemon busy syncing with store server
   * Another bbackupctl process is communicating with the daemon
   * Daemon is waiting to recover from an error
Failed to connect to the command socket

I don't see anything in the event log for the daemon that looks like an
error.  When I start the bbackupd there a several entries (start, login,
get file list, ....) that indicate a successful startup.

On my machine it doesn't look like it is creating the PID file or the
command socket.  I have tried different settings for these in the
bbackup.conf file.  The current ones are the defaults that shipped with the
program.  Also, I am running under and administrator account and have full
access to all directories on the machine.

  CommandSocket = bbackupd/bbackupd.sock

Server
{
         PidFile = C:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.pid
}

Also, the "C:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd" directory does exist.

Chris....