[Box Backup] Some problems

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:17:57 +0000

On 10 Nov 2004, at 20:11, Jonas Lundgren wrote:

> Hello.
>
> During the past 2 days i've had some problems with boxbackup, first,
> it seems to have problems with large files (5GB+) and the client just
> dies with 1/9 as error code (IIRC),

This is on Linux, right? I didn't do the compiler magic which enabled
64 bit file access (because I'm not a Linux person and had absolutely
no idea you needed to do this on a modern operating system) so I
presume this is the problem. My latest version does this, I will do a
PLUS1 release shortly for you.

>  second, it seems to have some problems with broken symlinks? It kept
> dying on my ~/.kde (which had 3 broken symlinks in it) with the error
> code 7/47
>
> Maby you're all aware of this, just wanna check..

Can you turn on ExtendedLogging on both client and server, and then
send me the 20 or so log lines leading up to this error from both
machines? (I know this is my standard response to any problem, but it
does solve problems quickly!)