[Box Backup] Compiliation Error using GCC 3.4.2 on Linux

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:07:32 +0000

On 12 Nov 2004, at 18:57, Chris Hane wrote:

> Just an FYI.  It looks like the GCC 3.4.2 compiler is a little more
> strict.  I added the compile flag -fpermissive to the ./configure
> command and everything compiled just fine.  I'm writing this just to
> let you know.  I've attached the console output.  Let me know if you
> would like the full output that I directed to a file.

The patch Martin posted to the list fixes this -- check out the
0.08PLUS1 version I just posted. It's not dodgy code, it's a bug in the
compiler.

For example, Martin changed

   Connection(rStream);

   this->Connection(rStream);

within a member function, which as I'm sure you'll agree is actually
identical code. There's also another issue in one of the tests where
adding brackets around a type (again legal) causes an error. Amusing.

Ben