[Box Backup] bbackupquery reports 188% used

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:22:02 +0000

On 16 Nov 2004, at 13:01, Jonas Lundgren wrote:

> Well, it's supposed to be <1gb, but, i recently changed some stuff in
> the conf file, and replaced a '=' with a '(' by accident, so it tried
> to backup my whole ftproot, i have never changed the accound size.

Can you post both config files?

> Before the last backup it was at 1.5gb, after it was finished (noticed
> it today), it was at 20GB.. So it tried to upload like 200GB of data
> in one connection..
>
> My question is just, why didn't it disconnect when it hit 100% usage,
> why did it continue to upload 188%?

It should have done. The store account is fine (from your check), so it
appears that it's all backed up valid file, and they're not marked as
deleted. Therefore the housekeeping process won't delete it until
bbackupd marks it as deleted.

> And, can i somehow delete this from the backup? Or do I have to set
> the accound hard limit to like 1MB and let it clean itself up?

Depends on how you did things in the configuration files. If you
deleted a location, it'll take about 2 days (of continuous running) or
so to remove that location from the store. If it's excluding a file or
directory, then within about six hours.

Ben