[Box Backup] ExcludeDir/AlwaysIncludeDir does not work

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:55:35 +0000

On 22 Nov 2004, at 17:49, Nigel Marsh wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 18:40 +0100, J. Meyers wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>

>> I have one small problem with ExcludeDir/AlwaysIncludeDir. Until
>> yesterday I
>> had the following config without the AlwaysIncludeDir directive, then
>> added it but with no effect and also no errors in syslog (sure, I
>> restarted
>> bbackupd ;-). /var/www/dir1/html/webalizer still doesn't get backuped.
>>
>>         var-www
>>         {
>>                 Path = /var/www
>>                 ExcludeDir = /var/www/dir1
>>                 ExcludeDir = /var/www/dir2/files
>>                 ExcludeDir = /var/www/dir3/files
>>                 AlwaysIncludeDir = /var/www/dir1/html/webalizer
>>         }
>>

>> I could specify a new backup name, but maybe someone has an idea why
>> this
>> include doesn't work.
>>
> Could be because Webalizer files are usually updated once an hour so,
> they never get to be the default six hours old before they are backed
> up.

No.

There is a (configurable) 24 hour delay cut-off, so they would be
uploaded eventually. But this is not the problem, it's that it's not
actually scanned in the first place so it never finds it to include.

Ben