[Box Backup] 0.08PLUS3

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:26:49 +0000

http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.08PLUS3.tgz

Hopefully this version will be able to upload large files on all
platforms.

Bizarrely, the problem was not LFS support, or anything large file
related. It was zlib. On the zlib homepage, it tells you the maximum
amount of data that will be output for a given input. Foolishly, I took
them at their word. As it turns out, it can emit more if you chuck
large chunks of data at it, as you would if you had a 2Gb+ file.

Ah well. The solution is not to trust it, and have expanding buffers.

I think a version 0.09 should be released soon. There's a load of fixes
which should be out there. I'd like to wrap the Solaris port into that,
even if it's a preliminary "untested" version, so reports on Martin's
patch would be appreciated. And of course, reports on whether this
version behaves itself.

My thanks to Nick Knight for tracking the bug down and helping me test
it.

Ben