[Box Backup] db4-4.1 on RH ES3

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:27:55 +0000

timur.snoke@intalgent.com wrote:
> When I try to run the client on a Redhat ES 3 Server I get an error:
>
> # /usr/local/bin/bbackupd
> /usr/local/bin/bbackupd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libdb-4.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> further inspection finds that libdb-4.2.so is tied to db4 but redhat ES is
> still using db4-4.1.25-8
> # rpm -q db4
> db4-4.1.25-8
>
> is there a way around this?

Did you build on that machine? This could happen if you built on a machine
with different package versions.

You could also check 'rpm -q db4 db4-devel' and make sure the package
versions are consistent.

If you are trying to build on a machine different to the one you are running
on then you need to either:
(i) make sure they have the same db4 versions on each machine
(ii) link to db4 statically (you'll need to change the makefiles for that)

Cheers,

Martin.