[Box Backup] sizes in store do not match calculated sizes...

Imran boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:42:56 -0500

Sorry I forgot to put more info in my email.  which I think was the more
important info:

clients 1, 2, 3, and 4:

1 is 122gig soft limit and 144gigs hard limit
2 is 100gig soft limit and 122gigs hard limit
3 is 100gig soft limit and 122gigs hard limit
2 is 35gig soft limit and 46gigs hard limit

yesterday all the clients were 100% full, and then all of sudden, after I
restarted the server and it gave me another one of those sizes were corrected
error, #1 and #2 dropped down to around 30 or 40% full.  blocks used by old
files and deleted files were down to virtually nothing.  and the blocks used
was roughly the same amount that the clients use all together (or atleast the
part that was selected to be backed up).  I haven't looked at other instances
of times, but looking at the 'correcting size' errors, they look like they
are going high and low and then high and then low.  anyway.   Now, i look at
it, 1 and 2 are back to 100% and the old files is 35gigs, and deleted files
is 30gigs.  I started looking at the server when I noticed that #3 wasn't
backing up data.  looking over past 6 days, i get the 'store is full' and
the '7/14 error' only and hasn't backed up anything over that period.  Also
those two errors alternate back over and over.

And I think #4 store seems normal.  incidentally that is the only client
which has large amounts of data that changes (mail server which has large
amount of mailboxes, many that are fairly large in size, that change).
The other three clients dont have big changes as frequently.

Oh, and this backup store is around three months old.  i mean 0.06 was
running for 3 months.  I started from a fresh store.

Going to increase the soft/hard limit on client #3.  and maybe tomorrow or
something, i'll try running the 'bbstoreaccounts check' on all of the
accounts.

Or I might just blow it all away and start fresh again...

thanks,
Imran