[Box Backup] Q: Large files OK? i.e. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:15:12 +0100

On 21 Oct 2004, at 22:53, Matt Lawson wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Does boxbackup currently support large files >2G, 4G, etc?  I would
> expect to see the -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE switches
> in there but I don't.
>
> Also, is there any reason to think that compiling with these switches
> would cause any trouble?

Box Backup fully supports large files. All file size calculation and
storage is done with 64 bit integers. However, if the OS only gives it
32 bit sizes, then it is limited in what it can do.

I'm not a Linux expert, as I work on BSD-based systems. If some command
line parameters are required to get Linux to give 64 bit file sizes,
then could you...

* Point me to some documentation about the issue

* Tell me how to detect an OS which requires these switches

* Tell me where exactly the switches should be applied.

and then I'll adjust the build scripts to do the necessary work.

Thanks!

Ben