[Box Backup] cygwin backaged binaries

Adrian boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:31:32 -0700 (MST)

I would be happy to be one of the testers for the win32 package when it is
ready.  It is definitely a better approach than cygwin.  In the mean time,
I have a 0.08 cygwin package here:

http://www.adventurehobbies.com/boxbackup/Bbackup0.08.040823.zip

Adrian

> Hello all,
>
> I wrote an installer for 0.07, which got superseded by 0.08, it wouldn't
take much to make it 0.08. But I have instead opted to do the true win32
port of the backup daemon (non cygwin).

> This is pretty much there - I have win32 service backing up and boxquery
looking at the store.

> There is a lack of testing at the mo - so will need to be fully tested -
soon.

> I am finishing off one final issue to do with the way NTFS stores file
names (as Unicode) which box doesn't like. Hopefully when this is done I
will release an installer for you guys to test. BTW I think I may have
come across the same Unicode issue on cygwin port on version 0.07 - it
shows itself when box finds a file but cannot stat it to get file times
etc.

> Nick

On Behalf Of Adrian
> Sent: 24 October 2004 00:24
> To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
> Subject: Re: [Box Backup] cygwin backaged binaries
>
> Not yet.  I have been moving into a new home, and very busy at work.  I
will
> try to get it posted by Sunday night.  I don't have and installer, but it
> is very simple.
>
> Adrian
>
>> Hi
>> I've seen mention of a packaged cygwin/boxbackup zip archive made by
Adrian.