[Box Backup] bbstoreaccounts info output

Dennis Speekenbrink boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:08:15 +0200

Hi,

boxbackup seems to be running fine on 2 of my Gentoo Linux systems.
Toying around a little I'm left with 2 questions:

A:  why does the output of bbstoreaccounts info differ with the space on
disk?
(agreed, not much in MB, but still)

 > bbstoreaccounts info 1001
Account ID: 00001001
Last object ID: 19741
Blocks used: 148054 (289.17Mb)
Blocks used by old files: 119 (0.23Mb)
Blocks used by deleted files: 8 (0.02Mb)
Blocks used by directories: 1298 (2.54Mb)
Block soft limit: 972800 (1900.00Mb)
Block hard limit: 1048576 (2048.00Mb)
Client store marker: 1098980121000000

 > du -hs /boxstores/backup/000010001/
324M    /boxstores/backup/00001001/
(this is the size in MB as reported by the filesystem)

 >du -s
331408  /boxstores/backup/00001001/
(the size in blocks as reported by the filesystem)

I set the block size to 2048 in the raid config file like the example as
I couldn't figure out the actual block size of my filesystem.  That
would explain either the size in blocks, or the size in MB difference
but not both.
Do I need to change the blocksize to get correct accounting (i.o.w.
correct handling of soft and hard limits)?  It seems to be working ok as
it is.

B: what does the 'client store marker' mean in the output of
bbstoreaccounts?

Thanx for the info!
Dennis