[Box Backup] trigger housekeeping

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:14:02 +0100

On 1 Sep 2004, at 20:58, Andreas Schrafl wrote:

> I reduced the amount of my soft and hardlimit and hoped to get the olf
> files deleted. the next backup run said i'd have so add more storage
> but didn't delet any old files.
>
> when does housekeeping run?

Every x seconds, where x is specified in bbstored.conf as
TimeBetweenHousekeeping.

> how can I trigger it?

Send a -HUP signal to bbstored.

What do you think should have happened when you changed the limits.
What would you like to have done? How would you like to have controlled
this?

I have server support for adding a flag to certain files and objects
which means "delete as soon as possible", that is, when they become an
old version or are marked as deleted by the client. I am intending to
expose this functionality to the user via bbackupquery.

> thanks for a great backup solution
> (I'm trying to make a windows client that is usable for "normal"
> windows users)

I'm glad you're finding it useful!

Ben