[Box Backup] Client and Server on same machine

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:54:53 +0100

On 8 Sep 2004, at 00:34, Andrew Farago wrote:

> Client and Server on same machine is possible?

Yes. The tests do it -- check out the configuration files in
test/bbackupd/testfiles, everything you need will be there.

> Because on my machine it doesn't works, the bbackupd give me the next
> message
> always:
> bbackupd[19245]: Exception caught (7/34), reset state and waiting to
> retry...
> Andrew
> Ps.:Of course just for test.

Turn on ExtendedLogging, and see what the logs say on server and
client. It would be nice to know exactly where this is going wrong --
without the context this error isn't amazingly helpful.

You can look up the exception codes in the ExceptionCodes.txt file
generated in the root of the distribution when you build it.

Ben