[Box Backup] openssl: no

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:11:25 +0100

On 12 Sep 2004, at 09:54, Mario S. Mommer wrote:

> --- Imran <ian@naweb.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, i've had issues with box backup finding the SSL on one of my
>> servers. i think it was fedora core, or maybe redhat 8.  anyway, it
>> may
>> be a similiar issue.  I usually end up configuring boxbackup with this
>> commandline:
>>
>> ./configure compile:-I/usr/local/ssl/include link:-L/usr/local/ssl/lib
>
> Changed it to reflect my current situation but to no avail. I really
> wonder what is going on here, since in fact db is installed too. There
> seems to be a few mismatches between libc version and the backported
> openssl. Oh man.
>
> Has anyone in this list been successfull building boxbackup on debian
> vintage^Wstable?

That is actually my first Linux test platform.

I wonder if you have some issues with your compiler. The latest version
tests that you have a working compiler -- download this and try it
instead.

      http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.07PLUS3.tgz

>> also check to make sure that (i don't know how it is on debian but on
>> redhat...) the path for the ssl lib is in the /etc/ld.so.conf, i.e.
>> /usr/local/ssl/lib, and that you run ldconfig.  I always forget if
>> that
>> would
>> matter for the configure script.
>
> Well, /etc/ld.so.conf does not exists. Hm. I ran ldconfig but nothing
> changed.

I am not a Linux expert, I'm afraid. But checking the compiler is the
first thing -- you are also missing everything else it checks for,
which sounds suspiciously like a non-working compiler.

Ben