[Box Backup] cygwin experts?

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:33:41 -0700

I'll be installing the cygwin build on a set of Windows boxes, and I
wanted to see if anyone on the list knew how to ensure that bbackupd
starts after a reboot. I'm no Windows (nor cygwin) expert, so any help
would be appreciated.

I have the build completed, and I can start bbackupd by hand, but I
would obviously like to have it start, when Windows starts (not just
when someone logs in). I tried the 'cygrunsrv' executable, and the
service (apparently) installs correctly (using the '-I' option), but I
get a Windows 1062 error, when I try to start it (the '-S' option). The
error text for error 1062 is :

The service has not been started.  ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE

Very helpful... ;-)

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | The Reedtz Corporation | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 415 425 4025